Food glorious food oh how I love thee!!!
Hey all you lovely divine foodies, Welcome to Real Tasty Foods. Guess you’re wondering why I call this section Real Tasty Foods??? Well it’s real tasty food, it has all the naughty goodness added that we are told constantly to avoid but life is to be lived enjoyed and eaten wholeheartedly. So, let’s eat baby eat. Let’s enjoy every tasty morsel like it was our last. Eat what makes you feel good great invincible. Eat what makes you feel accomplished and never ashamed. Eat because you want to because you can. Pig out, stuff your face. Go hog wild (with pork of course). Indulge in the sweetness of sugar, the fattiness that is butter.
Today we will cook Hot Pork Tenders that’s right Hot Pork Tenders. If you are a pork lover much like me. Yes, I still eat the swine, can’t get enough of the bacon. You will just fall in love with this recipe. Now if you don’t and for the life of me I can’t figure out why ( my own children have shunned the swine but not mama) the pork can be substituted with chicken, turkey and yes even tofu. See I aim to please all the foodies out there no matter what.
The recipe is simple and most of the ingredients you will have on hand in your pantry or fridge. I can only think of one item that you my not have on hand an that would be the HOT Chips, any kind will do. If it’s FLAMING HOT!!!
What you will need
pork chops cut into strips size is up to you the thicker the better
2 cups flour
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp cayenne
1 bag flaming hot Cheetos
2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sun-dried tomato dressing
1 cup Greek dressing
1 cup arbor mist
2-3 tbsp sriracha
- Pork chops should be washed in cool water
- Prepare pork chop marinade
- Cut pork chops into strips the size is up to you
- Place pork chop strips now tenders in marinade overnight or longer. The longer it is in the marinade the more intense the flavor will become. I allowed mine to marinade for at least 2 days the intensity of flavor was amazing.
- Using food processor crush flaming hot Cheetos. If you don’t have food processor you can place Cheetos and in gallon Ziploc bag and pound with a hammer or book. This is a great way to relief stress.
- Add all seasonings to crushed Cheetos. Cheetos should be in a Ziploc bag. Mix together; set aside
- Prepare Egg Wash
- Add at least 2 cups of flour to a Ziploc bag
- Remove marinating strips from refrigerator
- Place several strips into Ziploc bag and shake to coat. Don’t add too many or all strips will not be coated with flour
- Dip flour coated tender in egg wash
- Then dredge the strip in the hot Cheetos breaded.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps 10-14 until all strips are on baking sheet
- Place strips on baking sheet in preheated oven on 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the tenders are done
- Plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Here I chose Honey Mustard.
For a visual of this recipe please head over to my youtube channel. While there view, and !!!